Monday 17 December 2012

I Heart Skater Skirts!

Hey guys,
Apologies for not posting for over a week i've just been so busy recently I haven't had the time to just sit down on my laptop and blog! I handed in all of my uni work a week ago today and since then have been working full time starting at 6am so today is my first day off and I thought i'd use it to catch up with everything; TV, wrapping xmas presents, blogging etc.

Seeing as I haven't really ventured out to the shops that much recently I've been browsing quite a lot online and lusting over items that I really can't afford until after xmas (when they will hopefully go into sale anyway!)

So todays post is about a few things I have been looking at online (and by looking I mean adding them to an imaginary shopping basket then checking my bank balance and swiftly removing them again!) - specifically skater skirts! Skater skirts have become one of my favourite items to wear. I find them very flattering on my body shape, having quite wide hips (which I hate)  I feel that a skater skirt hides them a bit and balances me out  :) I also love the fact that they come in so many different materials, colours, patterns etc that there is one to suit every occasion be it day or night!

So here is a collection of my favourite skater skirts at the moment :)


1. This is the Millie Sateen Skater Skirt in cobalt from Boohoo.com  its only £18 and comes in three different colours. I love the sateen shine that it has as it gives it a more dressed up look. I'd love to wear this in the evening with either a sheer shirt tucked in or just a simple black vest :)

2. This is the Evelyn All Over Sequin Full Circle Skater Skirt also from Boohoo I think this skirt would be great for the xmas party season it is such a nice shape I think it would look beautiful when you are twirling around the dance floor as all the sequins would catch the light!

3. This is the Emilie Leather Skater Skirt from Missguided.com I've been wanting a leather look skater skirt for a while now but haven't quite found the perfect one! At only £21.99 i'm so tempted by this beauty!

4. This is the Berendeta Velvet Skater Skirt In Burgundy also from Missguided. I've never really been in to velvet before as i'm not keen on the feel of it but I love this velvet skater skirt because I think it would look so nice dressed up with heels in the evening or even on a cold winters day paired with thick tights and ankle boots :)

5. This is the Metra Embroidered Cross Skater Skirt from Missguided again with this skirt I've never really been into crosses but they are all over everything at the moment and its starting to grow on me I think here it just adds a nice bit of detailing to what otherwise would have been just a plain black skirt!

6. This is the Connie Lace Prom Skirt from boohoo. I do already have a black lace skirt which I love to death that I got form Primark for £10 (I'm actually wearing it in my blogheader!) but what I really like about this one is it has a bit more volume than my one which means not only would it look great on its own but it would look so nice underneath a dress to give it a bit of a 50's vibe with the lace sticking out underneath :)

I hope you like my little wish list of skater skirts :) Hopefully I will be able to buy at least one of these after xmas just in time for New Year! :) 

Have you got your xmas and New Year outfits sorted? :)

Jo
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. loooveee them all!! wish i suited skater skirts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with skater skirts, I always find them to be the most flattering!

    louisejoyb x

    ReplyDelete